Wen Dombrowski, MD, MBA is a geriatrics physician executive that brings a unique perspective to healthcare with her clinical, policy, business, social media, and technical expertise. She develops technology and business solutions to help vulnerable populations with complex medical and social needs -- including older adults, people with disabilities, patients with life-limiting illnesses, and the urban poor. Dr. Dombrowski also advises health tech startups, aging and technology industry organizations, and other healthcare stakeholders. She enjoys connecting people, ideas, and resources to get things done.
Dr. Dombrowski was previously Chief Medical Information Officer for a homecare provider, Clinical Informatics Director at a multi-specialty network of community clinics, and Medical Director at a special needs managed care plan for Medicaid-Medicare dual-eligible seniors. She completed her bachelors of science from University of Michigan, medical doctorate from University of Rochester, and global executive masters in business administration from I.E. Business School. She is regularly invited to speak at conferences about healthcare innovation, information technology, social media, aging and workforce development.
Academic medical publications:
- Dombrowski W. Acutely ill patients will likely benefit from more monitoring, not less. JAMA Intern Med. 2014 Mar.
- Leviss J, ed. Book chapter in H.I.T. or Miss: Lessons Learned from Health Information Technology Implementations. 2nd ed. Chicago: AHIMA Press;2013.
- Dombrowski W, Yoos JL, Neufeld R, Tarshish CY. Factors predicting rehospitalization of elderly patients in a postacute skilled nursing facility rehabilitation program. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. Epub 2012 Apr 30.
- Khouli H, Astua A, Ahmad F, Dombrowski W, Homel P, Singh J, Shapiro J, Nallamothu R,, Mahbub H, Eden E, Delfiner J. Changes in Health-Related Quality of Life and Factors Predicting Long Term Outcomes in Older Adults Admitted to Intensive Care Units. Critical Care Medicine. Epub 2011 Jan 21.
- Dombrowski, W. An Italian Model of Home-Based Care of Elderly with Acute Decompensated CHF Was Feasible and Efficacious Compared to Traditional Inpatient Hospital Care. The Portal of Geriatric Online Education (POGOe), ReCAP critical appraisal; 2009.
- Kishimoto, M., Dombrowski, W., Abramson, S. The Use of Methotrexate in the Early Treatment of Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Annals Internal Medicine 2004; 141: 493-500.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Physician Committee
- American Geriatrics Society (AGS) Health Systems Innovation - Economics - Technology Committee
- Metropolitan Area Geriatrics Society board member
- Medical Society of State of New York's Bio-Ethics Committee vice chair
- New York Medical Society board member
- Medical Reserve Corps emergency response volunteer