Wen Dombrowski, MD, MBA is a geriatrics physician executive that brings a unique perspective to healthcare with her clinical, policy, business, social media, and technical expertise. She develops and evaluates innovative technology and business solutions to help vulnerable populations with complex medical and social needs -- including older adults, people with disabilities, patients with severe chronic illnesses, and the urban poor. Dr. Dombrowski advises a range of healthcare organizations and technology innovators. She enjoys connecting people, ideas, and resources to get things done.
Dr. Dombrowski was previously Chief Medical Information Officer for a homecare provider, Medical Director leading Technology & Communications Strategy for a large healthcare system's Value-Based Care initiatives, Clinical Informatics Director at a multi-specialty network of community clinics, and Medical Director at a special needs managed care plan for Medicaid-Medicare dual-eligible seniors. She completed her bachelors of science from University of Michigan, medical doctorate from University of Rochester, and global executive masters in business administration from I.E. Business School. She is regularly invited to speak internationally at conferences about healthcare innovation, information technology, social media, aging and workforce development.
Academic medical publications:
- Dombrowski W, Clay B, O'Brien, J. EHRs quantify previously existing phenomenon. (Forthcoming 2016)
- Dombrowski W. Acutely ill patients will likely benefit from more monitoring, not less. JAMA Intern Med. 2014;174(3):475.
- Leviss J, ed. Book chapter in H.I.T. or Miss: Lessons Learned from Health Information Technology Implementations. 2nd ed. Chicago: AHIMA Press; 2013.
- Dombrowski W, Yoos JL, Neufeld R, Tarshish CY. Factors predicting rehospitalization of elderly patients in a postacute skilled nursing facility rehabilitation program. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Oct;93(10):1808-13.
- Khouli H, Astua A, Ahmad F, Dombrowski W, Homel P, Singh J, Shapiro J, Nallamothu R, Mahbub H, Eden E, Delfiner J. Changes in health-related quality of life and factors predicting long term outcomes in older adults admitted to intensive care units. Critical Care Medicine. 2011 Apr;39(4):731-7.
- Dombrowski, W. An Italian model of home-based care of elderly with acute decompensted CHF was feasible and efficacious compared to traditional inpatient hospital care. The Portal of Geriatric Online Education (POGOe), ReCAP critical appraisal; 2009.
- Kishimoto, M, Dombrowski, W, Abramson, S. The use of methotrexate in the early treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica. Annals Internal Medicine. 2004; 141: 493-500.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Physician Committee
- Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems (AMDIS) Physician IT Symposium Planning Committee
- New York Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) - HITLAB's Digital Health Breakthrough Network Advisory Board
- American Geriatrics Society (AGS) Health Systems Innovation - Economics - Technology Committee
- Metropolitan Area Geriatrics Society (MAGS) board member
- Medical Society of State of New York (MSSNY) Bio-Ethics Committee vice chair
- New York Medical Society (NYCMS) board member
- Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) for emergency response